Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Page Cannot be displayed" in Siebel Tools ??

We generally see this error message in Internet Explorer when somehow IE is not able to connect to the URL that user is trying to access. But today when I just see this message in Siebel Tools, it was really a surprise for me as this is something new I am seeing for the first time.

Let me tell you what exactly I was trying to do : I just wanted to place a new Control on "Contact Form Applet". So queried for "Contact Form Applet" and right clicked and select "Edit Web Layout". What generally we see is the new window being opened in the right side with form layout of the applet where all the controls is displayed and we can change their position or add new. But this was not the case with me and I can see "Page Cannot be displayed" message in that window.

Amol Tandon (one of my colleague) found the reason for it. This happens when "WebClientSiteDir" parameter in Tool's CFG is not pointing to the correct path. You can see this parameter in Tool's CFG :

WebClientSiteDir = C:\Siebel\8.1\Tools_1\public\enu

The reason I was getting this error, I got the Siebel installed in "D Drive" and used the old Tools cfg and forget to change the C: to D: everywhere in the CFG.

So just change the parameter and everything worked fine.

WebClientSiteDir = D:\Siebel\8.1\Tools_1\public\enu

.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for information Gaurav!!!
    This has really helped me a lot :)
    keep up the gud work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my Win7 PC, the files were where they were supposed to be, but I personally didn't have access to the directory as I installed as Admin. This post put me on the right track. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete